We’re looking for a passionate, creative and driven Head Chef to join our team in our newest venue world-famous Les Menuires ski resort...
The Jacks brand was born 4 years ago and during this short space of time either side of a global pandemic, in Meribel has become one of the most popular, busy and bustling venues in the 3 Valleys. The new Jacks will be located at the foot of the pistes in the 'La Croisette' area of Les Menuires, also in the 3 Valleys. Jacks will become premiere spot of après in Les Menuires, with live music, homemade food and drinks served non-stop! Our food is big, bold and full of flavour with influences from all corners of the world. Homemade is core to the offering, from our homemade sourdough pizza bases to our burger buns, chips, sauces and beyond. Jacks does it all and does it well.
The head chef will be responsible for Managing all aspects of the kitchen, this will include the preparation, planning & set-up of the season, management of the kitchen and staff during the winter season, and the closedown. The head chef will be expected to support and work with the Executive Chef, the Venue Manager and the rest of the team.
The head chef will be responsible for making sure that Jacks is an exciting place where customers have a great time and enjoy fantastic food delivered by a highly motivated and professional team of bar staff and chefs.
Read on to learn more about your day-to-day responsibilities with our venue. We’re looking forward to hearing from you soon!
Head Chef Responsibilities
· Responsible for ensuring that Jacks meets its revenue targets while staying within its cost budget
· Deliver a product in line with the values / standards of the venue / brand
· Menu creation, planning and costing of all dishes alongside Exec chef
· Day to day management, training, and development of staff
· Operate the venue to high standard of health & hygiene, and manage all legal, health & safety issues
· Management of the ordering process from start to finish inc paper flow and supplier comms
· To review processes to ensure cost effectiveness across the venue
Head Chef Must-haves
· A love for the mountains - skiing, snowboarding, mountain biking, hiking just to name a few of our loves!
· Proven ability to lead, manage and motivate kitchen staff
· Good communication and organisation skills
· A chef who is passionate about food, with a creative flair
· Capacity to learn and grow further
· Driving licence
· Your own laptop and mobile phone
Head Chef Desirables
· Head chef experience
· Seasonal work experience
· A car
· A laptop